App containing tons of podcasts and music
SoundCloud is the best free way to listen, discover, and even record new audio and music on your Android device.
Soundcloud isn’t just another internet radio – it’s a social network! Reach out to your favorite artists and bands, share songs you love and playlists you’ve made, “heart” tracks, and keep track of everything you like.
One of the greatest features of the app is the ability to download songs, audiobooks, and podcasts for offline listening later.
It’s important to remember that you’ll need either at least 3G speed on data or access to high-speed Wi-Fi to use the app and avoid buffering issues; some people have complained that certain carriers (T-Mobile, in particular) seem to have difficulty streaming.
With so many features and millions of tracks to choose from it’s no mystery why SoundCloud is one of the most used social music apps! Check out a quick run-down of features below:
- No Wi-Fi? No Problem! Even if you’re not online you can enjoy all your favorite audiobooks, music and talk with offline listening.
- Almost 200,000,000 Tracks to Choose From From Grammy-award winning artists to indies just putting out their first track, you’ll be able to find it on SoundCloud.
- Connect with Friends, Fans, and Your Favorite Artists Connect with your favorite artists via comments or even direct messages, share tracks and playlists directly to Facebook and Twitter, and reshare others music right in the app.
- Throttled on Some Carriers Some users have reported that they’ve had buffering issues on certain carriers (such as T-Mobile).
- No Repeat Option The app lacks a way to repeat a track or playlist; if you want to hear something again you’ll have to reset it manually.
Performance improvements and bug fixes.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- READ_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to read the sync settings.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to write the sync settings.